SBC Church Compensation Survey

SBC Church Compensation Survey

DALLAS— GuideStone Financial Resources, along with LifeWay Research and Baptist state conventions, will open the biennial SBC Church Compensation Survey in 2016. Ministers and church employees are invited to participate in the survey, a resource used by churches of all sizes to determine fair wages and benefits. Survey participants will have the opportunity to enter for a chance to win an iPad®. The survey and complete contest rules are available at

The survey’s results will be made available in the early fall, in time for many churches considering their 2017 budgets. The survey is the largest free, church compensation study conducted in the United States. The most recent survey results — conducted in 2014 — have been visited almost 55,000 times.

“GuideStone works tirelessly to be an advocate for pastors and church staff, ensuring that they are compensated fairly,” said O.S. Hawkins, President of GuideStone Financial Resources. “The surveys can help churches benchmark their own salary and benefits packages against churches of like size within Southern Baptist life.”

Survey results are not reported individually. Compensation and benefit information can be contributed anonymously. At the conclusion of the survey, GuideStone and LifeWay will compile the submitted data and provide all users with access to the results. Participants in the survey who provide an email address will have first access to the study’s customizable reports.

“This survey, which is one of the most comprehensive of its kind, will help scores of churches as they seek to provide for those who are called to lead their congregations,” Hawkins said.

Southern Baptist church ministers and staff have until May 31 to complete the online survey. The winner of the iPad will be notified via email.

Contact GuideStone Financial Resources with any questions or issues. Call toll-free at 1-888-98-GUIDE (1-888-984-8433) Monday–Friday between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. CST to speak with a customer relations specialist, or send an email